Can You Trust The Transboundary Trust Space
The HSE Institute of Legal Regulation participated in the drafting of the UNCITRAL Convention on the Transboundary Trust Space in cross-border electronic interaction, which became an Annex to the Compendium of Materials for Transboundary Trust Space.
One of the main barriers to the full use of information and communication technologies in e-government, “single window” system, cross-border exchange of electronic records, telemedicine and distance education is lack of simple, widespread and safe solutions for electronic services for individuals and organizations.
How to add legal value to all varieties of electronic documents, both at the national and transboundary levels? Ordinary citizens should feel the same protection here as with the conventional paper documents.
Answers to this question are given by the co-authors of the Compendium of the Materials on relevant issues of legally protected electronic interaction which summarizes the results of 2014-2016 research. The team of authors includes state government representatives, international organizations experts, distinguished scientists, active players of information technologies and protection market. The book was published by LLC "Gazinformservis" with the support of the Expert Center of E-government “D-Russia.ru”.One of the co-authors is Anna Dupan, Candidate of Legal Sciences, director of HSE Institute of Legal Regulation.
Here are the results of the research presented in the book:
1) history review of the transboundary trust space (TTS) development in the countries and regional communities;
2) role and place of TTS technologies in the application tasks, for example, a seamless passage of goods and passenger traffic in the Eurasian space;
3) foundational TTS issues, for example, the purpose of creation and development of TTS as infrastructure, the institutional framework of TTS, the basic principles of TTS, of actual systems of TTS comparison;
4) various types of TTS support, in particular, notary support of the TTS, TTS risk policy, online settlement of disputes.
5) draft Convention on the Transboundary Trust Space in cross-border electronic interaction.
The Compendium is intended for discussion in the expert community dealing with the digital economy, e-government, “single window” system, data protection, legally protectedcross-border electronic interaction, a trusted third party. The publication coincides with the beginning of the “PKI-Forum Russia” XIV International R&D Conference on the Problems of the Electronic Signature " which began today in St. Petersburg.
You can obtain the text of the Compendium free of charge here (in Russian): Transboundary Trust Space