3 Bolshoy Trekhsvyatitelskiy pereulok
Phone/Fax: (495) 916-88-49
Dean's office: (495) 772-95-90
(add. 22299 or 22298)
Academic office (bachelor):
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22852; 23008; 22899; 23009)
Academic office (master):
Manager Anna Gorbunova
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22275)
Manager Inna Fedchenko
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22738)
fax: (495) 772-95-90 (add. 23005
The Faculty of Law was one of the first faculties created in the Higher School of Economics. Economic and legal disciplines, new innovative courses, fundamental law disciplines and narrowly specialized courses are all equally important for the Faculty of Law. The Faculty's strength is the curriculum's focus on the practical, which perpares its graduates to successfully meet the demands of the labour market.
Level of study: Master
The course «Comparative Civil Procedure» covers different aspects of court organization, types of procedural systems and forms of judicial as well as non-judicial protection existing in the modern global context. It offers analysis of the history and evolution of modern procedural systems, their main particularities and global procedural concepts. The course gives as well an overview of general procedural institutes and their functioning in different types of procedural systems.
The main objectives of the course are the following:
1. Obtaining knowledge allowing to assess in a correct way the legal environment in which foreign partners of Russian business actors live and act;
2. Acquiring the skills of professional evolution of perspectives of filing a claim with foreign States’ courts in case of legal disputes;
3. Familiarization of students with main procedural concepts including those unknown in the Russian legal system;
4. Learning the trends of development of the procedural law in the global context.
Comparative Civil Procedure (PDF, 350 Кб)
Module 1, 2
In-class hours 36
Total hours 76