3 Bolshoy Trekhsvyatitelskiy pereulok
Phone/Fax: (495) 916-88-49
Dean's office: (495) 772-95-90
(add. 22299 or 22298)
Academic office (bachelor):
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22852; 23008; 22899; 23009)
Academic office (master):
Manager Anna Gorbunova
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22275)
Manager Inna Fedchenko
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22738)
fax: (495) 772-95-90 (add. 23005
The Faculty of Law was one of the first faculties created in the Higher School of Economics. Economic and legal disciplines, new innovative courses, fundamental law disciplines and narrowly specialized courses are all equally important for the Faculty of Law. The Faculty's strength is the curriculum's focus on the practical, which perpares its graduates to successfully meet the demands of the labour market.
Level of study: Bachelor
This course aims to describe the main segments of Russian Business Law, namely: business vehicles – commercial entities through which the business can be carried on; legal framework of business transactions, the fundamentals of Russian contract law and specific rules with regard to business contracts; the general picture of the rules of the state regulation of business activities.
Students are expected to gain professional understanding of:
- the main sources and institutions of Russian business law;
- the main features the most popular commercial legal entities – limited liability societies and joint-stock societies, their legal status, structure, management, regulatory requirements;
- the main rules regulating business transactions;
- the main rules regarding settlement in the course of business;
- regulatory (registration, licensing, reporting, competition, etc.) rules and requirements with regard to business activities in Russia:
- the directions and forms of state control over the business activities;
- the dispute resolution rules in Russian judicial system, alternative dispute resolution possibilities in Russia.
Students should gain the following competences:
- working with the fundamental legal documents regulating Russian business environment;
- search, analyse, and work with legally relevant information by using the juridical, comparative and other methods;
- identify and present legal issues while advising on transactions where Russian business law is involved.
Doing Business in Russia: The Legal Dimension (PDF, 175 Кб)
In-class hours 64
Total hours 228