3 Bolshoy Trekhsvyatitelskiy pereulok
Phone/Fax: (495) 916-88-49
Dean's office: (495) 772-95-90
(add. 22299 or 22298)
Academic office (bachelor):
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22852; 23008; 22899; 23009)
Academic office (master):
Manager Anna Gorbunova
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22275)
Manager Inna Fedchenko
(495) 772-95-90 (add. 22738)
fax: (495) 772-95-90 (add. 23005
The Faculty of Law was one of the first faculties created in the Higher School of Economics. Economic and legal disciplines, new innovative courses, fundamental law disciplines and narrowly specialized courses are all equally important for the Faculty of Law. The Faculty's strength is the curriculum's focus on the practical, which perpares its graduates to successfully meet the demands of the labour market.
Level of study: Master
- The students are getting some basic skills of ethical analysis of conflicts, war, massive violence and global security. The analysis will be based of both descriptive and prescriptive approach.
- They are getting some positive knowledge related to this much disputed sphere.
- They are supposed to work out some firm and everlasting values related to the sphere of war and violence, which they will be capable to justify and develop.
The students are supposed to adopt the following competences:
- ability to analyze and improve familiar research methods and professional skills;
- ability to generate concepts and theoretical models, to test new methods and tools for professional activities;
- ability to learn new research methods and approaches on his/her own, to evolve professionally;
- ability to carry out research and other professional activities in an international environment.
- ability to organize research and analytical teamwork,
- ability to use organizational and managerial skills in her/his research and social projects, consulting activities, analytical work;
- ability to freely use foreign languages for professional communication,
- ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, to deliver her/his message clearly and to tailor it depending on the audience’s age, education, attitude to the speaker, etc;
- ability to report the work results and present them according to required standards,
- ability to prepare analytical materials (reviews, notes, reports, recommendations, etc) and policy proposals for decision-makers;
- ability to analyze political, economic and sociological data using different qualitative and quantitative methods;
- ability to use deep knowledge of legal and ethical standards in assessing the impact of his/her professional decisions, especially when working on important social issues;
- ability to apply knowledge of contemporary research methods, to interpret the results of research and to present them in an ethical manner.
Personal and social competencies:
- ability to define and spread legal and ethical standards in her/his professional and social activities,
- ability to leverage social and multicultural differences to solve problems in professional and social activities,
- ability to address ideological, social and personal challenges and issues,
- ability to act according to the principles of social responsibility in her/his professional activity.
Philosophy of Law (PDF, 413 Кб)
In-class hours 44
Total hours 190